Friday, July 31, 2009

One Year ago

A year ago an amazing journey started for us. I wanted to sit down and write something that could somehow do justice to everything my incredible wife and daughter went through. I tried getting myself "in the mood" to write some poetry or a song or something. So I sat down and started reading. It has been a long time since I read this blog. It was not very far into it that tears started flowing. My writing is bad but not that bad so, try I as might, I couldn't blame the tears on words.

So many memories... Re-living it should not be so hard. This story so far has a happy ending. Taylor is just perfect! She is so beautiful (from her mom), and has got to be one of the happiest babies in the world. She spoke her first word this week. "Momma". And yes she was trying to get the attention of her incredible mom when she said it. No accident. Momma...

Everything that momma has gone through... Michelle is the most amazing mom ever known. How could it be any other word but??

I'm sorry but I can't find my words tonight... All I can do is just sit here and thank my lucky stars that I can put my arms around Taylor and her incredible mom tonight. And I suppose that's probably all I need to say.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Beautiful. :) I love you all and agree that Taylor is breath taking, and Michelle is amazing! So are you Scott, and Haylee and Tristan! It is so easy to see that you all love Taylor for all that you have sacrificed for her, and I can easily see Taylors love for every one of you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, dreams, and your life with us. We love you and will always pray for all of you. xox